10 Minute Corn Chowder
Corn chowder doesn't need to be complicated to be comforting. You'll find this simple recipe to be quick and perfect for a cozy winter night. Tip: Adding raw potatoes would increase the cooking time substantially, but if you have leftover roasted or baked potatoes, you can cube them and toss them in.
Calories: 184 kcalCarbohydrates: 31.6 gProtein: 11.1 gFat: 2.5 gSaturated Fat: 0.6 gCholesterol: 5.2 mgSodium: 169.5 mgPotassium: 480.8 mgFiber: 2.13 gSugar: 11.7 gCalcium: 266.3 mgIron: 0.9 mg
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3 cups skim milk
- 4 Tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp. mustard
- ¼ tsp. thyme
- pepper to taste
- 2 cups corn
- 4 Tbsp. shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Sauté the onion and garlic until golden (2 minutes).
- 2. In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, flour, mustard, thyme, and pepper in a small bowl and mix well.
- 3. Slowly stir the milk mixture into the onions in the skillet then add the corn. Mix well until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens (3 minutes). Stir constantly.
- 4. Serve hot, topped with cheddar cheese.