30 Minute Salsa Chicken and Rice
Calories: 268 kcalCarbohydrates: 56 gProtein: 11 gFat: 6 gSaturated Fat: 5 gCholesterol: 8 mgSodium: 533 mgFiber: 6 gSugar: 3 gVitamin A: 4.875 IUCalcium: 45 mgIron: 6 mg
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups instant brown or white rice
- 1-1/2 cups low-sodium salsa
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces, and sprinkle with the garlic powder.
- Coat a 4-quart pot with cooking spray, and preheat over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook, tossing or turning the pieces occasionally, for about 7 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink inside when cut with a knife. Transfer the chicken to a bowl.
- Place the rice, salsa, and broth in the pot, and stir to mix. Increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil.
- Return the chicken to the pot, reduce the heat to low, and cover. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Serve immediately.