Broccoli Frittata with Ham, Parma Style
Calories: 314 kcalCarbohydrates: 16 gProtein: 19 gFat: 34 gSaturated Fat: 21 gCholesterol: 359 mgSodium: 153 mgFiber: 6 gSugar: 9 gVitamin A: 29.9 IUCalcium: 88 mgIron: 11 mg
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole medium onion chopped
- 1 whole Garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped ham or Canadian bacon
- 2 cups small broccoli flowerets from about 1-1/4 lbs broccoli
- 1/3 oz cooked spagetti 20 pieces roughly chopped
- 6 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp crushed dried hot red pepper
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the butter with the oil in a heavy 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion until golden. Add the garlic and ham; cook 3 minutes. Stir in the broccoli flowerets and spaghetti; toss until well coated with the mixture. Remove from the heat.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl until light. Add the broccoli mixture and all but 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese.
- Melt 1 tbsp of the butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Pour in the broccoli-egg mixture. Immediately reduce the heat to low; cook, without stirring, 20 minutes.
- Using a long spatula, carefully loosen the edges of the frittata and run the spatula underneath to loosen the bottom. Place a shallow plate over the skillet and quickly invert the frittata onto it.
- Melt the remaining 1 tbsp butter in the same skillet over medium-low heat. Carefully slide the frittata back into the pan. Sprinkle it with the crushed pepper and the remaining Parmesan cheese. Cook 5 minutes longer. Serve from the pan, in wedges-hot, cold, or at room temperature.