Calories: 371 kcalCarbohydrates: 75 gProtein: 10 gFat: 7 gSaturated Fat: 5 gSodium: 18 mgFiber: 6 gSugar: 3 gVitamin A: 0.025 IUCalcium: 33 mgIron: 4 mg
- 1 cup basmati rice cleaned and rinsed
- 3 tablespoon Shredded coconut fresh or dried
- 1 oz whole cloves 2 cloves
- 2 cups water
- Soak the rice for 1 hour; drain.
- In a saucepan, combine the rice, coconut, cloves, and water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the tightly covered pan of rice in the oven and turn off the heat. Allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes to absorb excess moisture.
- Serve hot, with dal and a vegetable of your choice.