Honey Lemon Pie
Calories: 144.13 kcalCarbohydrates: 32.15 gProtein: 0.92 gFat: 2.24 gSaturated Fat: 1.38 gCholesterol: 5.72 mgSodium: 2.31 mgFiber: 0.27 gVitamin A: 1.66725 IUCalcium: 4.31 mgIron: 0.5 mg
- 3/4 cup honey
- 8 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 lemon juice and grated rind
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp butter
- Blend the flour and cold water until smooth; add the honey and grated lemon rind; slowly add the boiling water, stirring constantly. Cook in a double boiler until thick.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Slowly add part of this cooked mixture to the beaten yolks, stirring constantly.
- Return to the double boiler and heat until the egg is cooked.
- Lastly, add the butter.
- Pour this filling into prepared baked pie crust and cover with a meringue made from the two egg whites slightly sweetened with honey and flavored with a drop or two of lemon extract.
- Brown meringue in the oven.