Tangerine-Scented Mashed Butternut Squash
Calories: 120 kcalCarbohydrates: 24 gProtein: 2 gFat: 4 gSodium: 150 mgFiber: 4 g
- 1 20 oz pkg. cubed butternut squash
- 2 tangerines or 1 orange
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil or pure olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Place squash in a steamer basket and steam until tender when tested with a small, sharp knife or fork, about 13 to 15 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- 2. While squash steams, grate zest from tangerines or orange. You should have 1 1/2 tsp. zest. Cut fruit in half and squeeze to yield 1/3 cup juice. Add juice and zest to a food processor or blender.
- 3. Add cooked, drained squash to the food processor or blender and puree. Add cinnamon, oil, salt, and pepper and blend to incorporate all the ingredients.
- 4. Transfer puree to a serving dish and serve hot.
- Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, November - December 2012