Broccoli with Golden Dressing
Calories: 91 kcalCarbohydrates: 9 gProtein: 7 gFat: 10 gSaturated Fat: 4 gCholesterol: 105 mgSodium: 130 mgFiber: 4 gSugar: 6 gVitamin A: 6.675 IUCalcium: 115 mgIron: 9 mg
- 8 oz broccoli trimmed
- 1 dash salt
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds toasted
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons dashi
- 2 tsp mirin
- 2 each egg yolks
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- PREPARATION AND COOKING Broccoli: Cut the broccoli into florets and parboil in lightly salted boiling water for 2 - 3 minutes until just tender. Refresh in cold water, then drain well and pat dry.
- Golden dressing: Mix the dressing ingredients in the top of a double boiler and heat gradually, stirring continuously, until thick and creamy. Cool to room temperature.
- TO SERVE Heap the broccoli in 4 deep bowls; the florets should be arranged like a mountain or a bonfire so that they don't touch the edge of the bowl. Spoon a dollop of dressing over each bowlful and sprinkle with sesame seeds to garnish.