Cajun Beef Pepper Steak
Calories: 325 kcalCarbohydrates: 3 gProtein: 33 gFat: 23 gSaturated Fat: 11 gCholesterol: 95 mgSodium: 78 mgFiber: 2 gSugar: 2 gVitamin A: 13.075 IUCalcium: 29 mgIron: 5 mg
- 1 lb beef boneless top sirloin cut 3/4 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons Creole or cajun spice
- 2 wholegreen peppers cut into quarters
- 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 8 oz Cajun or Creole short grain rice mix with seasonings
- 1. Press 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoning blend evenly onto beef steak. Toss bell peppers with oil and remaining 1/2 teaspoon seasoning blend.
- 2. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange bell peppers around steak. Grill, uncovered, 13 to 16 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness and peppers are tender, turning occasionally.
- 3. Meanwhile prepare rice blend according to package directions, omitting oil or margarine.
- 4. Carve steak into slices. Serve with peppers and rice.
- Cook's Tip: To broil, place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 9 to 12 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
- Photo and Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff