French Bread Pizzas with Artichokes
Calories: 209 kcalCarbohydrates: 24 gProtein: 17 gFat: 17 gSaturated Fat: 12 gCholesterol: 19 mgSodium: 334 mgFiber: 14 gSugar: 11 gVitamin A: 17.375 IUCalcium: 292 mgIron: 11 mg
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 whole onion chopped
- 1 whole Green bell pepper chopped
- 7 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 stick french bread sticks
- 14 oz canned artichoke heart drained
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the chopped onion and bell pepper, and cook for 4 minutes until just softened.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes and tomato paste. Cook for 4 minutes. Remove from the heat, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the piece of French stick in half lengthwise. Cut each half in four to give eight pieces in all.
- Spoon a little of the pepper and tomato mixture over each piece of bread. Preheat the broiler.
- Slice the artichoke hearts. Arrange them on top of the pepper and tomato mixture. Cover with the mozzarella slices, and sprinkle with the poppy seeds,
- Arrange the French bread pizzas on a rack over a broiler pan, and broil for 6 - 8 minutes until the cheese melts and is beginning to brown. Serve at once.