Israeli Couscous with Corn and Miso
Calories: 260 kcalCarbohydrates: 42 gProtein: 8 gFat: 7 gSaturated Fat: 4 gCholesterol: 15 mgSodium: 460 mgFiber: 4 gSugar: 4 g
- 1 bunch scallions
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 1 1/4 cups water brought to a boil
- 2 1/2 -oz. packages Sushi Chef White Miso Soup mix
- 2 ears corn kernels cut from cobs (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1. Mince scallion whites. Thinly slice 1/4 cup scallion greens and set aside. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in scallion whites and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- 2. Add couscous and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly toasted, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in hot water and soup mix and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 minutes.
- 3. Stir in corn, re-cover, and continue to cook until couscous is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 2 more minutes. Fold in reserved scallion greens and serve.
- Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, July - August 2016