Laura's Brownie Tart
Calories: 350 kcalCarbohydrates: 36 gProtein: 5 gFat: 23 gSaturated Fat: 13 gCholesterol: 60 mgSodium: 80 mgFiber: 2 g
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter plus additional for greasing the pan (Brownie Tart)
- 3 oz. unsweetened chocolate chopped (Brownie Tart)
- 9 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips or chopped bittersweet chocolate Brownie Tart
- 1/3 cup light or dark brown sugar packed (Brownie Tart)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil Brownie Tart
- 3 Tbsp. Kahlua or other coffee liqueur Brownie Tart
- 3/4 cup sugar Brownie Tart
- 3 eggs Brownie Tart
- 1 egg white Brownie Tart
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour Brownie Tart
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder Brownie Tart
- 1/4 tsp. coarse sea salt Brownie Tart
- sprinkle of ground cinnamon optional (Brownie Tart)
- unsweetened cocoa powder or confectioners' sugar optional (Brownie Tart)
- whipped cream and chopped dark chocolate optional (Brownie Tart)
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk Chocolate Glaze - optional
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter Chocolate Glaze - optional
- 2 Tbsp. corn syrup Chocolate Glaze - optional
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips Chocolate Glaze - optional
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract or 1 to 2 tsp. Kahlua, spiced rum, or Grand Marnier (Chocolate Glaze - optional)
- 1. Prepare the brownie tart. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8 or 9-inch springform pan, line bottom with parchment, then butter parchment.
- 2. In a medium saucepan over low heat, slowly melt butter and both chocolates. Stir occasionally until chocolate chunks are just melted (do not overmelt or overheat). Remove from heat and stir until smooth.
- 3. Stir in brown sugar, oil, and Kahlua until incorporated; set aside to cool slightly.
- 4. In a medium bowl, use an electric mixer on medium speed or a whisk to beat sugar, eggs, and egg white until frothy and light. Fold into chocolate mixture.
- 5. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon if using. Fold flour mixture into chocolate mixture until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until set, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- 6. Let tart cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack, then run a butter knife around the edges and release the pan sides, but don’t remove, just let it continue to cool as is. Once fully cooled, remove pan sides and invert brownie onto a serving plate. Remove parchment from bottom and discard.
- 7. If glazing the brownie, leave it bottom side up for a nice flat surface. If not glazing, invert to right-side-up position and dust with unsweetened cocoa powder or confectioners’ sugar if desired.
- 8. If desired, prepare the chocolate glaze. In a small saucepan, combine evaporated milk, butter, and corn syrup and cook over medium-low until butter is melted. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and let it sit for 30 seconds, then whisk until smooth.
- 9. Add vanilla or liqueur and stir gently to blend. Let cool to room temperature, about 5 minutes (it will thicken a little), whisk, and pour over center of brownie tart. Use a flat spatula to spread a thin even layer, letting it drip down the sides. Let glaze set for about 30 minutes, then cut tart into wedges and serve, topped with a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkling of chocolate if desired.
- Source: Hannaford fresh Magazine, May - June 2015