'Nzalata Di Natali
Calories: 186 kcalCarbohydrates: 25 gProtein: 7 gFat: 16 gSaturated Fat: 9 gSodium: 215 mgFiber: 11 gSugar: 16 gVitamin A: 36.6 IUCalcium: 110 mgIron: 8 mg
- ½ whole head curly endive cut into 2" long pieces
- 4 tender stalks celery cut into 1/4" slices
- 2 tbsp or more capers
- 10 whole sicilian olive pitted and coasely chopped
- Seeds from 1 whole pomegranate
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil q.b.
- 2 whole seedless orange with skins and pith completely removed, sliced 1/4" thick
- 1 whole large lemon seeds removed, sliced 1/8" thick
- In two separate small saucepans, boil some water and in one cook the endive for 1 or 2 minutes. Remove and drain well. In the other, cook the celery for 4 or 5 minutes and remove and drain well. Set both aside.
- Mix the endive and celery, capers, olives, and 2 tablespoons of the pomegranate seeds together with some olive oil (as much as you like but use a nice amount). Mound the mixed salad up on a plate and surround it with the sliced oranges and, here and there, the lemon slices. All around the border place the remaining pomegranate seeds like a necklace. Serve cool but not cold.