Sauteed Pork Chops with Pineapple
Calories: 236 kcalCarbohydrates: 13 gProtein: 29 gFat: 18 gSaturated Fat: 10 gCholesterol: 64 mgSodium: 202 mgFiber: 5 gSugar: 10 gVitamin A: 0.55 IUCalcium: 35 mgIron: 9 mg
- 4 whole pork loin chop 1/2" thick
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- ½ cup orange or pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 1 tbsp cold water
- Season the chops with salt and pepper and sauté. Remove the chops from the pan and keep them warm.
- To make the Pan Sauce: Pour off all but 1 tbsp of the fat from the pan and cook the onion, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the stock, juice, and pineapple, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Boil the sauce down for 3 minutes. Thicken it slightly by whisking in the cornstarch just before serving. Pour over the chops and serve.