Scalloped Potatoes With Sour Cream
Calories: 571 kcalCarbohydrates: 72 gProtein: 26 gFat: 30 gSaturated Fat: 19 gCholesterol: 172 mgSodium: 606 mgFiber: 11 gSugar: 11 gVitamin A: 23.35 IUCalcium: 376 mgIron: 10 mg
- 4 whole potatoes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 whole eggs well beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 dash Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook the potatoes in lightly salted water until just tender. Allow to cool slightly, then peel and slice. There should be 3 cups of sliced potatoes. Arrange the potatoes in a buttered shallow 1-1/2-quart baking dish.
- Combine the sour cream with the beaten eggs, milk, chives, salt and pepper. Pour over the potatoes in the baking dish and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until heated through and light brown.