Simple Sweet and Sour Cabbage
Calories: 66 kcalCarbohydrates: 13 gProtein: 5 gFat: 7 gSaturated Fat: 5 gSodium: 62 mgFiber: 6 gSugar: 8 gVitamin A: 2.275 IUCalcium: 55 mgIron: 7 mg
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive or canola oil
- 1 whole onion sliced thin
- 4 whole garlic cloves minced
- 4 cups thin sliced cabbage red and/or green
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- Set a wok over medium-high heat. Pour the oil around the rim and tilt the pan to coat the sides. Add the onion and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until translucent. Stir in the garlic. Gradually add the cabbage, continuing to stir-fry for several minutes, until the cabbage is cooked but still slightly crisp.
- Remove the wok from the heat and add the vinegar, pepper, and salt; toss thoroughly.