Tomatillo Shrimp - Recipe courtesy of Celebrity Chef and Author Ingrid Hoffmann
Calories: 496 kcalCarbohydrates: 26 gProtein: 54 gFat: 30 gSaturated Fat: 14 gCholesterol: 368 mgSodium: 1232 mgFiber: 6 gSugar: 19 gVitamin A: 53.875 IUCalcium: 157 mgIron: 15 mg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 whole poblano chilies seeded, ribs removed and roughly chopped
- 6 whole garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 pound 16 oz tomatillos, husked, rinsed and quartered
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt plus extra for shrimp
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 lbs Large shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 4 cups fresh Cilantro leaves
- Don't forget the Coca Cola® - the perfect beverage pairing!
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add the chopped chilies and 1/2 of the garlic and cook until the peppers start to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the tomatillos and 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, reduce the heat to medium-low and cook until the tomatillos begin to break down and release some liquid, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the tomatillo sauce to your blender, purée, and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, season them with some salt and pepper and the remaining chopped garlic. Cook until the garlic becomes fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes, stirring often. Add the tomatillo sauce and simmer until the shrimp are curled and opaque, 1 to 2 minutes. Serve sprinkled with the cilantro.
- Don't forget the Coca Cola - the perfect beverage pairing!