Wilbert's Perfect Pie Crust
Calories: 908.05 kcalCarbohydrates: 95.39 gProtein: 12.91 gFat: 52.48 gSaturated Fat: 15.79 gSodium: 244.74 mgFiber: 3.38 gVitamin A: 0.0625 IUCalcium: 18.9 mgIron: 5.8 mg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Place all the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and mix on low speed with an electric mixer until lightly blended.
- Gently form the dough into a ball, then roll it out between sheets of wax paper into a 10-inch circle.
- Remove the wax paper, and fold the dough in half, and then in half again so that it forms a triangle with one curved side.
- Transfer the crust to a 9-inch pie pan. Unfold the dough and fit into the pie pan, trimming as necessary.
- Flute the crust decoratively or press the edges with a fork.