Calories: 20.26 kcalCarbohydrates: 2.39 gProtein: 1.63 gFat: 0.47 gSaturated Fat: 0.31 gCholesterol: 2.35 mgSodium: 23.93 mgVitamin A: 2.13125 IUCalcium: 52.9 mgIron: 0.15 mg
- 2-1/2 cups milk whole milk or skim milk
- 1 tbsp non-instant powdered milk optional
- 1 tsp natural yogurt as starter
- Put the milk into a thick-bottomed pan.
- Whisk in the powdered milk if desired; it gives a better texture and thicker yogurt.
- Heat the milk to 180° or to just below boiling point.
- Cool the milk to 110° by placing the pan in a sink of cold water.
- Rinse out the thermos with hot water. Pour most of the milk into the thermos.
- Blend 1 teaspoon of natural yogurt with the remaining milk and add it to the thermos.
- Twist the stopper on firmly and shake to mix well.
- Leave for 4 - 6 hours or until firm.
- Remove the stopper and put the thermos in the refrigerator to cool and set the yogurt.
- You can use 1 teaspoon of this yogurt to "start" the next batch, but you will need a starter of fresh "live" yogurt every 7 - 10 batches.